SEPa Plant DNA Isolation Reagent Kit allows high quality DNA extraction from plant tissues, especially those rich in polyphenolics or polysaccharides. It is an organic solution-based extraction method which utilizes cationic detergent to extract nucleic acid for downstream applications that require high quality inputs of genomic DNA. This product includes RNA removal components to produce genomic DNA that is free from RNA contamination. It is an ideal kit to perform high quality genomic DNA extraction from various plant tissues before PCR, Restriction Enzyme Digestion, Southern Blots, Sanger Sequencing and Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS).
- High Tolerance to Different Plant Orders – Plant species have high levels of polysaccharides, polyphenols, and other secondary metabolites.
- Efficient – High yields of high molecular weight genomic plant DNA.
- Quality – High purity for high-end downstream applications: eg. Next Generation Sequencing.
- Economy – Cost effective for large number of sample in high yield DNA extraction.
Interested to try it out?
100ng of purified plant DNA was run on 1% agarose gel using 1x TAE buffer (BUF-3000, 1st BASE) at 100V, 60 minutes.
M = ExactMark 1kb DNA ladder (BIO-5140).
Comparison of DNA yield and purity between SEPa Plant DNA Reagent Kit and Brand I kit.
DNA was extracted based on 200 mg of pulverized plant tissues which is suitable for high
throughput downstream applications such as Next-Generation Sequencing.
With Brand I, DNA had to be extracted 2 times from 100 mg of pulverised plant tissues,
whereas only one extraction is required from 200mg of pulverised plant tissues using SEPa kit.
The DNA concentration in the graph was measured using Implen NanoPhotometer®.
- Restrictions Enzymes Digestion
- Southern Blots
- Sanger Sequencing
- Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS)