- A properly completed NGS Order Form must be included with every order. The form should be sent to 1st BASE by email, and a hardcopy should accompany the local collection or with its shipment.
- For protection against damage during shipping, secondary containers must be used, to enclose primary containers. A typical primary container would be the microfuge tube containing your DNA/RNA sample. An example of a useful secondary container would be a 50mL falcon tube, into which several primary microfuge tubes can be placed, together with some wadding (paper towel or similar) to prevent tube movement during shipment.
- Tubes come in different qualities - ensure your tube can withstand the inflight temperature variations during shipping without weakening or cracking. Tubes used for dry-ice shipments must be strong enough to withstand freezing temperatures.
- All tubes (primary and secondary) must be sealed with parafilm.
- Maximum fill capacity: to avoid spill over of samples, fill primary tubes up to a maximum of half – three-quarters of the tube capacity.
- Labelling of tubes: use permanent markers, preferably alcohol/solvent resistant. Label both the top and sides of every tube. You may wish to use adhesive labels such as Tough-Tags. It is important that the label be intact when your sample arrives at 1st BASE, especially if you are sending multiple samples. The sample name on the label must match the name in the NGS Order Form.
- For overseas or out-of-state shipping: please ensure that you use a courier service that provides a tracking number for your shipment. Time your shipments to arrive early in the week, as there will be no delivery acceptance over weekends or Public Holidays. Shipping addresses as follows:
|Axil Scientific Pte Ltd|
41 Science Park Road #04-08 The Gemini,
Singapore Science Park II Singapore 117610
ATTN: NGS department
Tel: +65-6775 7318
|Apical Scientific Sdn Bhd|
No. 7-1 to 7-4, Jalan SP 2/7, Taman Serdang Perdana,
Seksyen 2, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor MALAYSIA
ATTN: NGS department
Tel: +603-8943 3252
Fax: +603-8943 3243