PrimeWay Genomic DNA Extraction Kit is a rapid and reliable kit that isolates highly pure genomic DNA from human/ animal tissue, cultured cells, mouse/ rat tails, bacteria, yeast/ fungi, dried blood spots, blood, buffy coat, insects as well as buccal swabs. It uses a silica-based spin column and is suitable to isolate and purify DNA with approximate 20 minutes/prep. This handling time is yet to include the lysis steps in, which the duration varies according to sample type. The quality of the purified DNA is suitable for PCR, restriction analysis and Southern blotting etc. The extraction protocol for buffy coat is suitable for Next-Generation Sequencing.
- Versatile - Suitable for varieties of sample types and wide range of sources.
- High Yield— Allows purification of up to 35μg of pure genomic DNA.
- High Quality DNA - A260/A280 ratio between 1.7 and 1.9.
- Fast - 20-minute procedure (exclude pre-lyse).
Mouse organs are harvested and snap-frozen in liquid nitrogen. Tissues are homogenized in liquid nitrogen for DNA extraction using Protocol A. Gel image shows DNA extracted from mouse liver with 1 hour lysis, and treated with and without (w/o) RNase A.
Mouse tail DNA is extracted using Protocol C from PrimeWay Genomic DNA Extraction Kit. Sample homogenization is not required in this extraction.
Buffy coat is collected from fresh blood and extracted using Protocol H from PrimeWay Genomic DNA Extraction Kit. Gel image shows DNA extracted from fresh blood, treated with and without (w/o) RNase A.
Insects submerged in 5x volume of ethanol are homogenized with liquid nitrogen (LN2). The DNA from insects is extracted using Protocol I of PrimeWay Genomic DNA Extraction Kit with 1 hour lysis incubation time.
- Isolated genomic DNA is ideal for use in common molecular biology procedures: Next Generation Sequencing (blood sample), PCR, restriction analysis, Southern blotting & more.
|Product||PrimeWay Genomic DNA Extraction Kit|
|Sample Type||Tissue, Buccal Swab, Bacteria, Cultured Cells, Dried Blood Spots, Yeast, Insects, Blood|
|Yield/Recovery||20 – 35 µg|
|Purity||1.7 - 2.0|
* Excluding lysis incubation time
Contact Us for Orders or Enquiries
Select Your Country